Why not serve your guests these little Scottish treats, great dipped in our Devilish Tomato & Chilli Relish!
250g Macsween Traditional Haggis (or Vegetarian option if preferred)
1 medium Egg, beaten
50-75g crushed Tortilla chips (or dried Breadcrumbs)
Oil for frying
¼ jar Shaws Devilish Tomato & Chilli Relish
1. Divide the haggis & roll into small 1½cm balls. (for best results, refrigerate for a minimum of 30 minutes).
2. Peel & cut the potato & swede into 1½cm cubes, place in a pan of water and par boil them for 10 minutes then drain & allow to cool.
3. Roll each haggis ball in the flour, then dip & coat with egg, then roll through crushed tortillas until fully coated. Repeat with the potato & swede cubes.
4. Add oil to a saucepan, approximately 4-5cm deep & heat to approximately 160°C.
5. Carefully lower each ball into the oil using a spoon, 3-4 at a time.
6. Fry each for 2-4 minutes until golden, remove & drain on kitchen paper.
7. Skewer each ball onto a cocktail stick along with either a potato or swede cube and serve with a dip pot of the Devilish Tomato & Chilli Relish.
Dips for tortilla chips Try a layer of chutney on your grilled snack Use as a glaze over meat and fish Add to your sandwich filling
You can grab a jar of Devilish Tomato & Chilli Relish from any of the retailers in the list below.