A simple family recipe that is a bit like a lasagne but a little more spicy.
For the mince sauce:
500g Beef mince
1 tsp Oil
1 Onion, chopped
½ Red Pepper, diced
½ Green Pepper, diced
1½ tsp Cumin, ground
1½ tsp Coriander, ground
½ - 1½ tsp Chilli powder (depending on preference)
2 tbsp Tomato Puree
½ Lime, juice of
½ jar Shaws Devilish Tomato & Chilli Relish
2 tbsp. Shaws Chunky Mango Chutney
Handful of Coriander leaf and stalks, chopped
3 Tortilla wraps
200g Cream Cheese
150g Sour Cream
100g Mozzarella, grated
150g Cheddar cheese, grated
A large round ovenproof dish
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas 6
2. In a large frying pan heat the oil over a medium heat and fry the onion until translucent.
3. Add the minced beef, cook until browned.
4. Add the peppers, spices, tomato puree, lime juice, relish and chutney and simmer for 15 minutes.
5. Stir through the chopped coriander & season with salt & pepper to preferred taste.
6. Blend together in a bowl the cream cheese and sour cream.
7. To assemble, layer a third of the mince sauce into the ovenproof dish, place over a tortilla and spread with a third of the cream cheese/sour cream blend then sprinkle with a third of the mozzarella and cheddar.
8. Continue to layer with more mince sauce, toritilla and cheeses until complete.
9. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until the cheese is golden.
10. Allow to rest on the side for 5 minutes before cutting and serving with a fresh salad.
Dips for tortilla chips Try a layer of chutney on your grilled snack Use as a glaze over meat and fish Add to your sandwich filling
You can grab a jar of Devilish Tomato & Chilli Relish from any of the retailers in the list below.