A great party nibble, made with our Caramelised Red Onion Chutney.
Serves Makes approximately 30
Makes approximately 30
6-8 tsp Shaws Caramelised Red Onion Chutney
1 pack Puff pastry
6 Pork Sausages
Milk or Egg for glazing
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas 6.
2. Remove the skins from the sausages and combine the meat in a bowl.
3. Cut the pastry sheet in half lengthways, leaving it on the greaseproof sheet.
4. Spread the sausage meat in fairly thin layer along the length of both the pastry sheets leaving a gap around the edges (approx. 1cm) & down each of their centres.
5. Spoon a thin layer of Caramelised Red Onion Chutney into this central gap.
6. Brush a little egg or milk around the edges then carefully start to roll from one edge to the other until it's seam is at the base.
7. Brush the pastry with milk or egg and carefully place in the freezer for 30-60 minutes, this makes it easier to slice into portions.
8. Cut each roll into about 15 slices & place on an oven tray lined with baking parchment & bake for approx 10 minutes or until golden.
Dips for tortilla chips Try a layer of chutney on your grilled snack Use as a glaze over meat and fish Add to your sandwich filling
You can grab a jar of Caramelised Red Onion Chutney from any of the retailers in the list below.