These snack sized pork pies are easy to make.
Serves approx 20
1 pack Shortcrust Pastry, sheet
1 pack of Sausages
1 Egg, boiled and cooled, sliced and quartered
2-3 tbsp Shaws Caramelised Red Onion Chutney
2-3 tbsp Shaws Heritage Piccalilli, to serve on the side
1. Pre-heat oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas 5.
2. Grease the wells of a mini muffin pan.
3. Cut discs of pastry and fill into the wells.
4. Place either a piece of egg, or a ¼ tsp of chutney in the base of the pastry.
5. Squeeze out the sausage meat from it's casing and place enough on top of the egg/chutney to fill to the brim. Press down.
6. For the egg ones I cut discs for lids and used a little water to stick them on.
7. For the onion ones I put another ¼ tsp of chutney on top and then cut strips of pastry and stuck them on with water.
8. Brush the tops with a little milk and bake in the oven for approx. 15 minutes or until golden.
Tip: You can add your own herbs and spices to the sausage mixture if you purchased plain sausages.
Dips for tortilla chips Try a layer of chutney on your grilled snack Use as a glaze over meat and fish Add to your sandwich filling
You can grab a jar of Caramelised Red Onion Chutney from any of the retailers in the list below.