An easy bread recipe which is great as a side dish for Chilli con Carne!
125g Shaws Caramelised Red Onion Chutney
125g Plain Flour
125g Cormeal (fine polenta)
¾ tsp Salt
1½ tsp Baking Powder
2 Large Eggs
25g Butter, melted
125g Mature Cheddar Cheese, grated
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas 6.
2. Oil & line with greaseproof paper an 8” square oven tray.
3. Blend together in a large bowl the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt.
4. Add the milk, eggs and melted butter and mix well.
5. Fold in the grated cheese.
6. Spread the batter into the tray and dollop over the Caramelised Red Onion Chutney. Using a cocktail stick swirl the chutney into the batter.
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Test it is done by inserting a cocktail stick to see if it comes out clean.
8. Allow to cool a little before cutting into chunks.
Dips for tortilla chips Try a layer of chutney on your grilled snack Use as a glaze over meat and fish Add to your sandwich filling
You can grab a jar of Caramelised Red Onion Chutney from any of the retailers in the list below.