Classic comfort food with an indulgent makeover by becoming a mac 'n' cheese "cheesecake"! The chutneys sweetness balances the cheesy richness.
200g Ricotta Cheese
200g Full Fat Cream Cheese
210g Cheddar Cheese
100g Milk or Water
200g Elbow Macaroni (dried weight)
200-250g Shaws Caramelised Red Onion Chutney
1. Pre-heat the oven to 140°C/Fan 120°C/Gas 1
2. Cook the Pasta but 3 minutes less than the instructions.
3. Mix the Ricotta, Cream cheese, Cheddar (reserving about 50g for later), eggs and milk (or water) together until completely blended.
4. Stir the cooked pasta into the cheesy mixture.
5. Fill into a pre-lined spring form 9" (20cm) cake tin or similar sized lined roasting tin.
6. Place spoon-fulls of the Caramelised Red Onion Chutney on the top and either spread over or swirl through using a cocktail stick, all over the surface.
7. Bake for approximately 35 minutes.
8. Turn the oven off and leave it in the oven for another 30-35 minutes.
9. Carefully remove from the tin and cut into slices/chunks.
10. Can be served hot or cold.
Dips for tortilla chips Try a layer of chutney on your grilled snack Use as a glaze over meat and fish Add to your sandwich filling
You can grab a jar of Caramelised Red Onion Chutney from any of the retailers in the list below.