These cute but scary rice balls are made using Shaws Chunky Mango Chutney. Great for party bites.
150g Sushi rice
3-4 tsps Shaws Chunky Mango Chutney
½ tsp Turmeric
½ tsp Paprika
2-3 tsp Curry Powder (of choice)
pinch of Onion seeds (optional)
pinch of Salt (to taste)
3-4 Black Olives
3-4 Green Olives
1. Cook the sushi rice according to the packet instructions, adding the turmeric and paprika to the cooking water.
2. Whilst still warm, add the curry powder, mango chutney, salt and onion seeds (if using) and blend together well.
3. Wet your hands with cold water and take a clump of rice and shape into balls.
4. Cut the green olives into stalks and the black olives into eyes and mouth pieces and press into the rice balls.
5. Once complete refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.
Dips for tortilla chips Try a layer of chutney on your grilled snack Use as a glaze over meat and fish Add to your sandwich filling
You can grab a jar of Chunky Mango Chutney from any of the retailers in the list below.