Classic retro Vol-au-Vent's filled with Coronation Chicken, Prawns or Egg using Shaw's Chutneys
Serves Makes 9
For the Vol-au-Vents:
1 pack Puff Pastry Sheet
Egg or Milk for glazing
For the Coronation Chicken:
60-90g Cooked Chicken, shredded
2-3 tbsp Mayonnaise
2 tbsp Shaws Chunky Mango Chutney
1 tsp Mild Curry Powder
1 tbsp Sultanas
Pinch of Onion Seeds (optional)
For the Egg filling:
2 Eggs, hard boiled and cooled
1 tbsp Mayonnaise
1 tbsp Shaws Mighty American Style Relish
For the Prawn filling:
40-50g Small prawns
1 tbsp Mayonnaise
1 tsp Shaws Habanero & Red Pepper Chutney
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200°C / Fan 180°C / Gas 6.
2. Using the larger of two round cutters, cut as many discs from the pastry as you can. Using the smaller cutter, cut a smaller disc from half of the larger disc to form a "ring". You can take the trimmings and small discs and roll together and re-roll out to cut more if needed.
3. Place the large discs on a greased baking sheet and brush the edges with water or milk and place the rings on top.
4. Brush with egg or milk and bake in the oven for approx. 10-15 mins or until lightly golden brown and puffed up.
5. Carefully remove the center disc of pastry with a knife to form a well.
1. In a bowl mix the mayonnaise, mango chutney, curry powder, sultanas and onion seeds (if using).
2. Add the shredded chicken and blend together well.
1. Blend the mayonnaise and American Style Relish in a bowl.
2. Chop the boiled eggs and blend with the mayo mix.
1. Blend the mayonnaise and Habanero & Red Pepper Chutney in a bowl.
2. Rinse and thoroughly drain the prawns before blending with the mayo mixture.
Spoon each of the fillings into the pastry cavity just before serving.
Dips for tortilla chips Try a layer of chutney on your grilled snack Use as a glaze over meat and fish Add to your sandwich filling
You can grab a jar of Chunky Mango Chutney from any of the retailers in the list below.