A rich and comforting classic mid week meal using our Caramelised Red Onion Chutney.
8-12 Pork Sausages
1tsp Vegetable Oil
2 medium Onions, in half then thick half moon slices
Half a Red Pepper, de-seeded and sliced
150g Shaws Caramelised Red Onion Chutney
100g Beef or Chicken Stock
Dash of Worcestershire Sauce
Pinch of Black pepper
1. In a deep sided frying pan with a lid, fry the sausages until browned, about 10-15 minutes. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
2. Add the onion & red pepper to the same pan and cook on a medium heat until softened.
3. Add Shaws Caramelised Red Onion Chutney, Worcestershire sauce, stock, pepper and stir until blended.
4. Return the sausages to the pan, cover with a lid and simmer on a low heat for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove the lid for the last 5 minutes.
5. Serve with creamy mash potatoes and vegetables.
Dips for tortilla chips Try a layer of chutney on your grilled snack Use as a glaze over meat and fish Add to your sandwich filling
You can grab a jar of Caramelised Red Onion Chutney from any of the retailers in the list below.