A savoury cheesy muffin, great as a snack.
Serves Makes 12
225g Self Raising Flour
½ tsp Baking Powder
¼ tsp Salt
200g Grated Mild Cheddar Cheese
1 Courgette, grated
120g Natural Greek Yogurt
1 Medium Egg
1 tbsp Olive Oil
120g Shaws Heritage Spiced Apricot & Ginger Chutney
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas 6.
2. Place the grated courgette into a clean tea towel and squeeze out some of the excess water. Place in a large bowl.
3. Sift over the flour, add the baking powder, salt and 150g of the cheese. Mix together.
4. In another bowl mix together the egg, yogurt and Shaws Spiced Apricot & Ginger Chutney.
5. Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and pour in the wet mixture. Gently stir until combined.
6. Spoon the mixture into a greased 12 hole muffin tin to approximately ¾ full.
7. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and bake in the oven for 15-18 minutes (until a skewer inserted
comes out clean).
8. Stand in the tin for a few minutes before turning out onto a wire rack.
Dips for tortilla chips Try a layer of chutney on your grilled snack Use as a glaze over meat and fish Add to your sandwich filling
You can grab a jar of Spiced Apricot & Ginger Chutney from any of the retailers in the list below.