A twist on a Spanish Omelette, this recipe is suitable for vegetarians & is gluten free.
300g Butternut Squash, thinly sliced*
350g Sweet Potato, thinly sliced*
3-4 tbsp Olive Oil
6 Large Eggs
½ jar Shaws Caramelised Red Onion Chutney
Salt & Pepper
* alternatively use waxy potatoes
1. Pre-heat oven to 200°C/180°C Fan/Gas 6.
2. Toss the potato/squash slices in 2-3 tbsp oil and seasoning & spread over a baking tray. Bake for about 15 minutes until softened but not browned.
3. Mix the eggs in a large bowl with Shaws Caramelised Red Onion Chutney. Add the potatoes/Squash & coat.
4. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a 20cm (approx.) frying pan, add the egg/potato mix & slowly cook over a low heat for 20-30 minutes.
5. Once it looks almost set, check that it is loose from the sides and base. Place a plate over the top and carefully invert the pan whilst holding the plate steady.
6. Carefully slide the tortilla back into the pan & cook for a further 3-4 minutes.
7. Alternatively if you don't want to have to invert it you could place under a pre-heated grill to finish off.
8. Serve with a green salad & olives.
Dips for tortilla chips Try a layer of chutney on your grilled snack Use as a glaze over meat and fish Add to your sandwich filling
You can grab a jar of Caramelised Red Onion Chutney from any of the retailers in the list below.