This simple vegetable flan, made with our American Style Relish, can be served warm or cold.
Shortcrust pastry sheet (ready rolled)
2 Medium Eggs
2 Medium Egg yolks (reserve a little egg white)
150ml Double cream
75-100g Shaws Mighty American Style Relish
50g Mature Cheddar cheese, finely grated
2-3 Radish, thinly sliced
5-6 Asparagus, tips
1. Pre-heat oven to 220°C/Fan 200°C/Gas 7
2. Brush a 9" loose bottomed flan tin with oil and press the pastry into the base & sides, trimming off any excess.
3. Prick the pastry base with a fork then line with baking paper and baking beans/rice.
4. Blind bake the pastry for 12-15 mins until golden. Remove the beans/paper. Whilst hot brush with the reserved egg white to seal the holes.
5. Reduce the oven to 180°C/Fan 160°/Gas 4
6. Lightly beat the eggs & egg yolks. Stir in the cream, Shaws American Style Relish and cheese.
7. Fill the egg mix into the pastry case and place the asparagus and radish slices on top.
8. Bake for 20-25 mins until golden and just set. Rest for 10 mins before removing from the tin.
9. Lovely served with a fresh salad and smoked salmon.
Dips for tortilla chips Try a layer of chutney on your grilled snack Use as a glaze over meat and fish Add to your sandwich filling
You can grab a jar of Mighty American Style Relish from any of the retailers in the list below.