Never sure what to make with left over pumpkin? Try this comforting spicy pasta dish using our Habanero & Red Pepper Chutney.
120g Dried Pasta
200g Bacon Lardons
1 small Onion, chopped
200g Pumpkin, peeled & diced (approx. 1cm cubes)
150g Shaws Habanero & Red Pepper Chutney
2 tsp Creme Fraiche
½ tsp Basil, chopped
25g Cheddar Cheese, grated (optional)
1. Cook the pasta as per the packet instructions.
2. Whilst the pasta is cooking, fry the bacon in a non stick pan until starting to crisp.
3. Add the onion and cook together for a further 2-3 mins.
4. Add the pumpkin and a splash of water and cook on a low-medium heat for 6-8 mins with the lid on, or until the pumpkin no longer firm.
5. On a low heat, stir through the Habanero & Red Pepper Chutney, creme fraiche, basil and cheese (if using) until fully combined and heated through.
6. Add the drained pasta and mix well before serving.
Add roasted pumpkin seeds for added texture:
Rinse the pumpkin seed to remove any stringy flesh and dry on a tea-towel. In a bowl mix oil, salt & pepper then stir through the pumpkin seeds. Layer on a lined baking tray and roast in the oven at 220°C/Gas 7 for approx 10 minutes until slightly puffy and crisp.
Dips for tortilla chips Try a layer of chutney on your grilled snack Use as a glaze over meat and fish Add to your sandwich filling
You can grab a jar of Habanero & Red Pepper Chutney from any of the retailers in the list below.