An indulgent savory cheesecake with a little kick of chilli from our Habanero & Red Pepper Chutney, that can be serve warm or cold with a side salad.
125g Cream Cheese
1 Medium Egg
50g Double Cream
125g Cheddar & Mozarella Grated Cheese blend
75g Shaws Habanero & Red Pepper Chutney
50g Salami (or substitute with red pepper)
4 Small Tortilla Wraps (approx. 160g)
1 x 20cm (7") cake tin
1. Pre-heat the oven to 140°C/120°C Fan/Gas 1
2. Chop the salami & three of the tortilla wraps into small pieces (ideally around ½ cm squared).
3. Blend together the cream cheese, egg and double cream until smooth.
4. Add 75g of the cheese blend and mix well (use a hand held blender if you have one).
5. Stir through the Habanero & Red Pepper Chutney, and then approximately two thirds of the tortilla pieces & the salami.
6. Oil the cake tin and line with the remaining whole tortilla.
7. Pour the mixture over the top and level across the tin.
8. Mix together the remaining chopped tortilla pieces and cheese blend and sprinkle over the surface.
9. Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes.
10. If you prefer a more golden top, place under a hot grill for 1 minute after baking.
11. Allow to cool a little before carefully removing from the tin.
Tip: cover with a plate to tip it onto before flipping back over.
12. Cut into wedges and serve either warm or chilled with a side salad.
13. If you like it spicy add an extra dollop of chutney when serving.
Try blending some freshly chopped herb like basil or coriander into the topping mix as a tasty addition!
This recipe works really well by substituting the salami with diced peppers & chopped leeks (or other vegetables of preference) and a little extra Habanero & Red Pepper Chutney for a vegetarian alternative.
Dips for tortilla chips Try a layer of chutney on your grilled snack Use as a glaze over meat and fish Add to your sandwich filling
You can grab a jar of Habanero & Red Pepper Chutney from any of the retailers in the list below.