A classic favourite to be eaten hot or cold, at home or on the go!
Try using different flavoured pork sausages for a twist.
5 medium Eggs
300g good quality large Pork Sausages
100g Dried Breadcrumbs (such as Paxo)
Sunflower oil, for frying
½ jar Shaws Heritage Piccalilli, to serve
1. Carefully add 4 eggs to a pan of boiling water, simmer for 8 minutes. Drain & cool under cold water (cracking the shells a little helps them peel easier later).
2. Squeeze the sausage meat out of the skins & divide into 4 equal balls. Place each ball between cling film and squash out until as flat as possible.
3 Lightly dust each cooled & peeled egg with flour then use the cling film to help wrap the sausage meat around the egg, ensuring it's fully sealed (ideally chill for 20 minutes before the next step)
4. Beat the remaining egg in a small dish & put the flour & breadcrumbs into two separate dishes. Roll the coated eggs in the flour, then the egg and finally the breadcrumbs.
5. Heat approximately 5cm of oil in a wide saucepan and heat to 160°C or until a few breadcrumbs turn golden after 10 seconds. Using a slotted spoon lower the eggs in to the oil and fry for 4-6 minutes or until golden on all sides. Remove with the spoon and drain on kitchen paper.
6. Place on a baking tray, bake for a further 8 minutes in a pre-heated oven 190°C/ Fan 170°C/ Gas 5.
7. Serve hot or cold with a generous dollop of Heritage Piccalilli!
Dips for tortilla chips Try a layer of chutney on your grilled snack Use as a glaze over meat and fish Add to your sandwich filling
You can grab a jar of Piccalilli from any of the retailers in the list below.