A healthy variation on a classic potato salad that uses our delicious Piccalilli.
½ Butternut Squash, peeled & cut into chunks
60g Ham, shredded (or use Ham Hock)
35g Soured Cream or Crème Fraiche
75g Shaws Piccalilli
¼ tsp Chives, dried
¼ tsp Parsley, dried
1 Spring Onion, chopped (optional)
1 tsp Vegetable or Olive Oil
Salt & Pepper to taste
1. Par boil the butternut squash cubes in water for 5-10 minutes, depending on the size of chunks
2. Heat a teaspoon of oil in a frying pan.
3. Add the squash to the pan and toss until starting to caramelised, then set aside to cool.
4. In a large mixing bowl add the remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly.
5. Carefully stir through the squash and serve.
Alternatively you could substitute the squash for potatoes and the ham for sliced frankfurters or spicy sausage.
Dips for tortilla chips Try a layer of chutney on your grilled snack Use as a glaze over meat and fish Add to your sandwich filling
You can grab a jar of Piccalilli from any of the retailers in the list below.