A tangy twist on a classic favourite sausage roll using our delicious Piccalilli.
Serves makes 20
½ jar Shaws Heritage Piccalilli
1 pack Puff pastry
6 Pork Sausages (Cumberland)
Milk or Egg for glazing
1. Pre-heat the oven to 220°C/Fan 200°C/Gas 7.
2. Remove the skins from the sausages and combine the meat in a bowl.
3. Cut the pastry sheet in half lenthways.
4. Fold the clingfilm over the top, flatten out the sausage to approx. 5cm wide, repeat with the other half.
5. Split the sausage meat in half and squeeze in to a long sausage & place on a piece of cling film.
6. Peel back the film & spoon Shaws Heritage Piccalilli along the centre. Using the clingfilm roll the meat around the filling to form a long sausage. Carefully lift & place on the pastry, leaving a 1cm gap at one edge.
7. Brush the edges of the pastry with milk or egg then roll up to cover the meat.
8. Cut each roll into 10 & place on an oven tray & bake for approx 15 minutes or until golden.
Dips for tortilla chips Try a layer of chutney on your grilled snack Use as a glaze over meat and fish Add to your sandwich filling
You can grab a jar of Piccalilli from any of the retailers in the list below.