A classic combination of goats cheese & our Fig & Honey Chutney makes this rich savoury cheesecake, great for a dinner party.
1 jar Shaws Heritage Fig & Honey Chutney
200g Oatcakes, finely crushed
125g Butter, melted
200g Full Fat Soft Cheese
250g Soft Goats Cheese
3 Large Eggs, beaten
100g Goats Cheese, cubed
Salt & Cracked Black Pepper
1. Pre-heat oven to 160°C/Fan 140°C/Gas 2
2. Mix together the oatcakes & butter, press into a 20cm spring form cake tin (lined with baking parchment), smoothing the surface with a spoon. Chill for 30 minutes.
3. Whisk the soft cheese, soft goats cheese & eggs together until smooth and season with salt and pepper.
4. Place the tin on a baking tray & bake for 30-35 minutes or until it is slightly springy to touch around the edges. The centre should be a little wobbly but not liquid.
5. Spread the oatcake base with approx. 150g Shaws Fig & Honey chutney. Scatter over the cubes of goats cheese before pouring over the cheesy batter. Add a few blobs of chutney on the surface before baking.
6. Remove from oven & cool before chilling (can be left over night)
7. When ready to serve, run a sharp knife around the edges of the tin & carefully remove the parchment.
Dips for tortilla chips Try a layer of chutney on your grilled snack Use as a glaze over meat and fish Add to your sandwich filling
You can grab a jar of Fig & Honey Chutney from any of the retailers in the list below.