Chicken fillet strips cooked in a creamy sauce with figs, port and white wine.
500g Chicken Fillets Strips
2-3 tbsp Plain Flour
4 tbsp Port
125ml Dry White Wine
150ml Chicken Stock
80-100g Shaws Heritage Fig & Honey Chutney
2 tbsp Double Cream
Salt & Pepper
Parsley for garnish
1. Dredge the chicken in the flour.
2. Melt the butter in a frying pan on a fairly high heat and add the chicken. Cook until golden on all sides.
3. Add the port, wine, chicken stock and Shaws Fig & Honey Chutney, stir through.
4. Bring to the boil then reduce to a low simmer for approx. 10 mins until the chicken is fully cooked.
5. Remove the chicken from the pan onto a plate, cover with foil to keep warm.
6. Bring the sauce back to a boil to reduce to desired consistency then stir through the cream. Season with salt and pepper.
7. Add the chicken back to the pan to coat.
8. Serve with cauliflower rice and vegetables.
Dips for tortilla chips Try a layer of chutney on your grilled snack Use as a glaze over meat and fish Add to your sandwich filling
You can grab a jar of Fig & Honey Chutney from any of the retailers in the list below.