An easy to make family favourite. These sumptuous festive figgy flapjacks are a perfect treat to accompany a hot cuppa.
Serves Approx 20 bars
Approx 20 bars
75g Granulated Sugar (you can use Brown Sugar for a richer flavour)
150g Golden Syrup
360g Rolled Oats
125g Shaws Heritage Fig & Honey Chutney
½ tsp Mixed spice or Cinnamon (optional)
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200°C/180°C Fan/Gas 6. Line a deep sided tray with grease proof paper (we used a 7" x 11" [17.5 x 28cm] tray)
2. Melt together the butter, sugar and golden syrup in a large microwavable bowl. Mix together thoroughly until completely combined.
3. Add the oats and cinnamon (if adding) and mix until fully coated.
4. Stir through the Fig & Honey Chutney.
5. Fill the baking tray and level the oats, pressing down until flat.
6. Bake in the pre-heated oven for 15 mins or until lightly golden.
7. Allow to cool a little in the tin before removing and cutting into fingers.
Dips for tortilla chips Try a layer of chutney on your grilled snack Use as a glaze over meat and fish Add to your sandwich filling
You can grab a jar of Fig & Honey Chutney from any of the retailers in the list below.