A Yorkshire take on pasty, this is a really easy to make recipe.
Works either as a starter dressed up with salad or eat cold on a posh picnic.
½ jar Shaws Heritage Beetroot & Horseradish Chutney
250g Lean steak mince
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 packet Shortcrust pastry sheets
Egg or Milk beaten, to brush over
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas mark 6
2. Fry the onion in a little oil until translucent, add the steak mince and fry until cooked through.
3. Stir in the Shaws Beetroot & Horseradish Chutney & season with black pepper.
4. Flatten out the pastry sheet and cut out 8-12 x 10cm discs, placing 4-6 on a greased baking sheet, you may need to roll out the trimmings.
5. Heap the mixture in the centre of the discs, leaving a 1cm gap around the edge which you will need to brush with the egg or milk.
6. Carefully stretch another disc of pastry over the top and crimp together the edges using a fork to seal.
7. Brush over the top with egg or milk, make a small cut in the top and place in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden.
8. Can be eaten hot or cold.
Dips for tortilla chips Try a layer of chutney on your grilled snack Use as a glaze over meat and fish Add to your sandwich filling
Sorry there are no recipes to show.
You can grab a jar of Beetroot & Horseradish Chutney from any of the retailers in the list below.