Classic rhubarb & custard in a light summery dessert.
3 Medium Eggs
75g Caster Sugar
75g Self Raising Flour
150g Shaws Heritage Rhubarb & Gin Sauce
150g Double Cream
150g Custard, chilled
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas 4. Grease & line a shallow tin with baking paper.
2. Whisk the eggs & sugar until they are pale, light and have roughly trebled in volume.
3. Carefully fold in the flour, trying to keep as much air in the mix as possible.
4. Pour the batter into the prepared tin and spread to the edges.
5. Bake for approximately 8 minutes, until lightly golden and springy to the touch.
6. Sprinkle icing sugar over a sheet of baking paper and turn out the sponge over it.
7. Lightly roll it up and allow to cool.
8. Once cooled, unroll and spread over the Shaws Rhubarb & Gin Sauce.
9. Whip the cream and carefully blend in the chilled custard. Spread over the sauce.
10. Roll up the sponge as tightly as possible, cover and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.
Dips for tortilla chips Try a layer of chutney on your grilled snack Use as a glaze over meat and fish Add to your sandwich filling
You can grab a jar of Rhubarb & Gin Sauce from any of the retailers in the list below.