A beautifully moist sponge cake that uses up any left over cranberry sauce, ...perfect with a cuppa!
200g Caster sugar
1tsp Baking powder
1tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
250g Plain Flour
250ml Soured Cream
200g jar Shaws Cranberry Sauce
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180°C/Fan 160°C/Gas 4 and grease a 23cm ring cake tin or bundt tin.
2. Cream the butter and sugar together until light.
3. Add the eggs and blend well.
4. Combine the dry ingredients before sifting into a bowl. Then blend some of the flour into the creamed mixture, then add some of the soured cream.
5. Continue adding some flour then soured cream until fully blended.
6. Pour a third of the batter mix into the cake tin. Swirl ½ of the Shaws Cranberry Sauce into the batter.
7. Repeat then finish with the remaining batter.
8. Bake for approximately 55 mins.
Dips for tortilla chips Try a layer of chutney on your grilled snack Use as a glaze over meat and fish Add to your sandwich filling
You can grab a jar of from any of the retailers in the list below.