An indulgent yet light & fruity dessert that is quick & simple to make.
½ jar Shaws Heritage Cranberry Sauce
1 Madeira sponge cake
500ml Whipping cream
few drops Vanilla Extract
1 tsp Caster sugar
1 Flake chocolate finger
1. This dessert can either be made into a tumbler style glass or using stainless steel presentation rings.
2. Whip the cream to a soft peak consistency and split half into a separate bowl.
3. To one bowl carefully fold through the cranberry sauce.
4. To the other bowl stir through the sugar and vanilla extract.
5. Cut the madeira sponge into approximately 10-15mm deep discs to fit your serving option snugly.
6. Place the sponge disc in the bottom of the glass or ring. Spoon over the cranberry cream and smooth down. Do the same with the vanilla cream (or pipe it on top if you can) then refrigerate for at least half an hour.
7. Crumble over the chocolate flake before serving.
Dips for tortilla chips Try a layer of chutney on your grilled snack Use as a glaze over meat and fish Add to your sandwich filling
You can grab a jar of from any of the retailers in the list below.