A delicious fruity & light cake bite.
Also great made with our Rhubarb & Gin Sauce!
Serves Approx 24 large bites
Approx 24 large bites
175g Caster Sugar
175g Butter, salted
175g Self Raising Flour
1tsp Baking Powder
1½ Jars of Heritage Apple Sauce with Kentish Cider
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180°C/Fan 160°C/Gas 4.
2. Blend the softened butter and sugar together until creamy.
3. Add in the eggs & blend. (If it starts to look a bit curdled just add a couple of spoons of the flour).
4. Stir in the sifted flour & baking powder until a thick batter is formed.
5. Spread the batter evenly in a greased and lined, deep sided rectangular baking tray (approx. 20cm x 30cm).
6. Blob the Apple sauce with Kentish Cider over the top of the batter & use a cocktail stick to swirl it through.
7. Liberally sprinkle demerara sugar over the surface (which adds a lovely crunch) before baking in the oven for 30-35 minutes.
8. Allow to cool in the tray for 5-10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
9. Cut into bite sized chunks and serve.
Great with a dollop of whipped cream and fresh berries!
These cake bite can be frozen and saved for a later date.
Dips for tortilla chips Try a layer of chutney on your grilled snack Use as a glaze over meat and fish Add to your sandwich filling
You can grab a jar of Apple Sauce with Kentish cider from any of the retailers in the list below.