A ridiculously tasty decadent dessert!
Serves Serves 4
4 Sweet Belgian waffles
1 jar Shaws Apple sauce with Kentish cider
4 oven proof ramekins
For the crumble:
100g Plain Flour
¼ tsp Cinnamon (optional but very tasty)
For the toffee sauce:
50g Light Muscovado Sugar
100ml Double Cream
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas 5
2. For the toffee sauce: melt the butter & sugar together in a saucepan on a low to medium heat, stirring until fully combined. Remove from the heat and slowly stir in the double cream until smooth and glossy. Set aside to cool.
3. Meanwhile cut 4 pieces of waffle to fit each individual ramekin
4. Drizzle over some of the toffee sauce then dollop 2-3 tsp of Shaws Apple Sauce with Kentish Cider.
5. In a separate bowl gently rub the flour & butter together with your finger tips until you have a breadcrumb like texture with a few lumps. Mix in the sugar (& cinnamon if using).
6. Sprinkle the crumble over the top of the apple sauce to fill the ramekin dishes.
7. Bake in the oven for approximately 10-15 minutes until lightly golden.
8. Can be served hot or cold.
9. Drizzle over more toffee sauce just before serving. ENJOY!
Left over toffee sauce can be kept in the fridge for a couple of days.
Dips for tortilla chips Try a layer of chutney on your grilled snack Use as a glaze over meat and fish Add to your sandwich filling
Sorry there are no recipes to show.
You can grab a jar of Apple Sauce with Kentish cider from any of the retailers in the list below.